Dentures & Partial Dentures
A denture is a removable dental appliance and a replacement for missing teeth and surrounding tissue. They are made to closely resemble your natural teeth & tissues and may even enhance your smile.
There are two types of dentures – complete and partial dentures. Complete dentures are used when all of the teeth are missing, while partial dentures are used when some natural teeth remain. A Partial denture not only fills in the spaces created by missing teeth, it prevents other teeth from shifting.
Reasons for dentures:
• Complete Denture – Loss of all teeth in an arch.
• Partial Denture – Loss of several teeth in an arch.
• Enhancing smile and facial tissues.
• Improving chewing, speech, and digestion.
Benefits of Dentures
• CIt improves your smile by providing a sound structure to your mouth and supporting your cheekbone and lips, that matters a lot.
• It helps you to chew and bite easily so that you can enjoy your food just like you did with your natural teeth.
• They are vital solution of missing and damaged teeth. In some cases when teeth are severely causing serious pain and other oral issues and hence need to be removed. Dentures can fill up there space easily and make your smile better.
• They are strong and beautiful alternatives to weak and damaged teeth that are no longer helpful to eat your favorite meal.
You Can Consult with Dr. Khushbu Mody For your Partial or Fix Dentures. Its good to have consultation with your dental expert instead of a lab assistant.
Maintenance of the dentures:
• Dentures are very easy to clean and maintain.
• They should be removed from the oral cavity every night and placed in a close tight container with lid.
• Whenever the dentures are not in mouth they should be placed in water.
• For cleaning the dentures you can use soft brushes.
• Denture cleansing tablets should be used once or twice a week.
• Dentures should be prevented from falling as they are fragile and can break.
• After around 3 years dentures should be changed.